Certificate of Completion
The Certificate of Completion in welding is offered through the Professional and Applied Technology Education Division and is designed for students who wish to pursue employment in the welding industry after completing a one year sequence of courses. To obtain a Certificate of Completion in welding, students must complete 23 credit hours in welding plus 9 credit hours general education classes including specific communication, math, and human relations courses. An example of courses that fill these requirements follow:
1. New freshman admitted to USU-Eastern in good standing qualify for admission to this program
2. Transfer students from other institutions need a 2.5 GPA for admission to this major
3. Students transferring from other USU-Eastern majors need a total GPA of 2.5 for admission to this major
4. No welding courses below a C- may be applied toward meeting graduation requirements
5. Visual acuity requirements: 20/40 vision and Jaeger J-2 at 12 inches, with or without corrective lenses. If corrective lenses are required to attain this level of visual acuity, the corrective lenses must be worn during class periods.