Associate of Applied Science Degree
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree is offered through the Professional and Applied Technology Education Division and is intended for students who wish to finish their education in two years and then pursue employment in the welding industry. Students obtaining the AAS degree in welding must complete 46 credits of welding courses plus a minimum of 18 hours of general education for a total of 64 credit hours. General education requirements shall include specific courses in communication, math, human relations, machine shop, computer aided drafting, and an elective of the student’s choosing.
1. New freshman admitted to USU-Eastern in good standing qualify for admission to this program
2. Transfer students from other institutions need a 2.5 GPA for admission to this major
3. Students transferring from other USU-Eastern majors need a total GPA of 2.5 for admission to this major
4. No welding courses below a C- may be applied toward meeting graduation requirements
5. Visual acuity requirements: 20/40 vision and Jaeger J-2 at 12 inches, with or without corrective lenses. If corrective lenses are required to attain this level of visual acuity, the corrective lenses must be worn during class periods.