College of Science
Department of Biology
The Department of Biology offers programs leading to a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree. Majors will complete a core of courses which provide an understanding of biological principles. Upper-division courses provide integration, in-depth study, and an opportunity for specialization within the different degree emphases. Additional coursework in chemistry, physics, statistics, and mathematics provides knowledge and analytical skills in these important related fields. Biology degrees provide a foundation for graduate work or employment in research, industry, or governmental agencies. Biology majors can add a minor area of study, such as business or chemistry, to enhance their employment opportunities.
Admission Requirements For This Major
1. New freshmen admitted to USU in good standing qualify for admission to this major.
2. Transfer students from other institutions need a 2.25 transfer GPA and students transferring from other USU majors need a 2.25 cumulative GPA for admission to this major in good standing.
For further information contact the Biology Advising Center in Biology-Natural Resources 101. The advisor for Biology majors is Polly Conrad, Biology-Natural Resources 101, (435) 797-7906 or by e-mail to: email@example.com
Students must complete the General Education Requirements :
- or will fulfill the Exploration requirement in conjunction with one of the General Education categories
- The required Biology coursework will fulfill the BLS requirement
- The required Chemistry coursework will fulfill the BPS requirement
Students must also complete the University Studies Depth Requirements :
- , along with another course having CI designation, will fulfill the Communications Intensive (CI) requirement
- will fulfill the Quantitative Intensive (QI) requirement
- Complete at least 2 credits in approved 3000-level or above courses from each of the following two categories: Humanities and Creative Arts (DHA) and Social Sciences (DSS)