Mar 04, 2024
2023-2024 General Catalog
General Education Requirements for Transfer Students
Please read the following carefully:
- Students who have an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree from a regionally-accredited institution may be deemed as having satisfied the General Education portion of the University Studies requirements at Utah State University.
- Students who have a Letter of General Education Completion from a regionally-accredited institution may be deemed as having satisfied the General Education portion of the University Studies requirements at USU.
- USU will require students to satisfy the following if an equivalent has not been completed as part of the transfer General Education: Breadth American Institutions (BAI), Communications Literacy (CL1 and CL2), and Quantitative Literacy (QL) .
- In order to graduate with a bachelor’s degree, the Depth Education requirements must still be completed.
- Students who transfer to USU without either an Associate Degree or a Letter of General Education Completion will have courses evaluated by USU’s Transfer Articulation team. Equivalent General Education courses taken at a regionally-accredited institution may be accepted toward satisfying General Education requirements at USU.
- Schools within the Utah System of Higher Education (USHE)* maintain an agreement allowing General Education courses to be transferred within the system.
*Utah System of Higher Education (USHE)
- University of Utah
- Utah State University
- Weber State University
- Southern Utah University
- Snow College
- Utah Tech University
- Utah Valley University
- Salt Lake Community College
For more information about transferring credits to USU, click here.