College of Science
Department of Biology
The blue highlighted text indicates additional details are available. Simply click on it to view details such as course name, description, prerequisites, or to be linked to another website with additional information. The back arrow button may be used to return to this page if you leave it through a link.
- For more information about Biology, see the link to the Department of Biology.
- Following is a sample four-year plan. Please note that student-specific plans may differ.
- Admitted students must meet with their academic advisor, Samuel Rivera. Current students should also meet with Samuel Rivera and log on to Degree Works to check student-specific program progress.
Admissions Requirements for this Program
||Admitted to USU in Good Standing
|Transfer students from other institutions or other programs at USU
The Department of Biology offers programs leading to a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree. Majors will complete a core of courses, which provide an understanding of biological principles. Upper-division courses provide integration, in-depth study, and an opportunity for specialization within the different degree emphases. Additional coursework in chemistry, physics, statistics, and mathematics provides knowledge and analytical skills in these important related fields. Biology degrees provide a foundation for graduate work or employment in research, industry, or governmental agencies. Biology majors can add a minor area of study, such as business or chemistry, to enhance their employment opportunities.
Admission Requirements for this Major
1. New freshmen admitted to USU in good standing qualify for admission to this major.
2. Transfer students from other institutions need a 2.25 transfer GPA and students transferring from other USU majors need a 2.25 GPA for admission to this major in good standing.
Program Requirements for this Major
A minimum GPA of 2.25 must be attained in all Biology and Public Health coursework required for the major. Major requirements may not be taken on a pass/fail basis.
Students must complete the General Education Requirements .
- PHYS 2120 or PHYS 2220 will fulfill the Integrated Studies requirement in conjunction with one of the General Education categories.
- The required Biology coursework will fulfill the BLS requirement.
- The required Chemistry coursework will fulfill the BPS requirement.
Students must also complete the University Studies Depth Requirements .
For further information contact the Biology Advising Center.