S.J. & Jessie E. Quinney College of Natural Resources
Director: Shannon Belmont
Program Administrator: Melanie Conrad
Location: Natural Resources 122
Phone: (435) 797-3375
Graduate Program Description
Utah State University's online Geographic Information Science (GIS) certificate is designed for graduate students or professionals wanting skills and experience applying industry-standard GIS and remote sensing tools to natural resource issues.
Students who complete the program will receive a graduate-level certificate in Geographic Information Science. Their USU transcript will list the courses and grades received to complete the program. The certificate is complementary to a wide variety of graduate programs and is available as a standalone certificate. Participants may complete the certificate in one year.
For admission to the program please follow the instructions below:
- Applicants go to applynow.usu.edu. Choose the Graduate Application and then choose GIS Certificate application.
- Applicant must provide an official transcript showing that they have been awarded a bachelor's degree or higher. Please send official transcripts to the following address: 0900 Old Main Hill, Logan UT 84322-0900. Official electronic transcripts may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org from the institution. (If you've attended USU we will obtain your transcripts.)
- Use PROMO code GIS2018 to waive $30 of the application fee (the resulting application fee is $25.00).
Students pursuing the GIS Certificate are not required to be enrolled in a graduate degree program. However, credits obtained from the certificate may be applied toward a graduate degree. Please contact Melanie Conrad (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
To receive the Certificate, a student must complete the following set of requirements:
- Apply and be accepted into the GIS Certificate Program
- Register for and successfully complete four graduate-level courses
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA for program courses (grades below C will not be accepted)
- Abide by the Code of Policies and Procedures for Students at Utah State University.
For course offerings please visit our website at qcnr.usu.edu/gis/.