Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services
Department of Special Education and Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation Counseling Category R Certificate Program
Program Director: Jared Schultz
Location: EDUC 303
Program Advisor: Kris Wengreen
Location: EDUC 313
USU provides the post-graduate advanced certificate for the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) Category R.
- The program includes eight (8) courses, for a minimum of 22 semester hours.
- All courses are offered via distance education.
- Tuition: $376/credit hour ($8,272 total to earn certificate)
- Employment Requirement: Thirty-six (36) months of acceptable employment experience, including a minimum of twenty-four (24) months under the supervision of a CRC.
- For additional information on CRCC Category R, see the CRCC website: www.crccertification.com/
- CRCC Category R Description
- Certificate can be completed in as few as three semesters. Courses are offered spring, summer, and fall semesters via distance education. Students have the flexibility to register for as many courses each semester as they desire. However, all coursework must be completed within 4 calendar years.
To be eligible for certification in this Category you must have a master's, specialist, or doctoral degree in one of the following majors:
Behavioral Health, Behavioral Science, Disability Studies, Human Relations, Human Services, Marriage and Family Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Psychometrics, Rehabilitation, Social Work, Special Education, Vocational Assessment/Evaluation.
Note: CRCC will not consider degrees outside of the specified list of majors.
In order to gain admittance to the program, students must submit an application, application fee, and official transcripts. To apply, contact the program advisor, Kris Wengreen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Fall Semester (8 credits)
Spring Semester (11 credits)
Summer Semester (3 credits)