Associate of Pre-Engineering
The nationally recognized and award-winning College of Engineering at Utah State University has extended its program to Regional Campuses and Distance Education. Students in Brigham City, Tooele and Uintah Basin can now take all of the general education and pre-professional engineering courses required for the Associate of Pre-Engineering (APE) Degree in Civil, Computer, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering. In addition, students can take the required general education and pre-professional classes that prepare them for entry into the Bachelor's program offered at the Logan campus for Biological, Biological with pre-med, and Environmental Engineering. Due to changes in the Environmental Engineering curriculum, an entire Associate of Pre-Engineering can no longer be completed through Regional Campuses and Distance Education. A significant number of the required courses can be taken through RCDE. Distance Engineering Education students enjoy the same quality instruction as that received on the Logan Campus, along with the convenient course scheduling for working students and smaller class sizes.
Students interested in engineering careers enter the university with a wide variety of educational backgrounds. Therefore, it is necessary for all students to demonstrate a satisfactory level of proficiency in basic engineering, mathematics, science and English before they are admitted into the Professional Engineering Program. The Associate of Pre-Engineering degree fulfills the requirements necessary for admission into the professional baccalaureate program on the Logan campus.
- 74 credits for Civil Engineering
- 72 credits for Computer Engineering
- 71 credits for Electrical Engineering
- 76 credits for Mechanical Engineering
- General Education courses completed
- Pre-Professional Engineering courses completed
- 20 USU credits minimum for transfer students
- C- or better in Pre-Professional Engineering courses
- 2.3 GPA minimum for Civil and Environmental Engineering in Pre-Professional Engineering courses
- 2.8 GPA minimum for Computer and Electrical Engineering in Pre-Professional Engineering courses
- 2.8 GPA minimum for Mechanical Engineering in Pre-Professional Engineering courses
- 2.0 GPA minimum overall
- 3 repeats or less in Pre-Professional Engineering courses