College of Science
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
The blue highlighted text indicates additional details are available. Simply click on it to view details such as course name, description, prerequisites, or to be linked to another website with additional information. The back arrow button may be used to return to this page if you leave it through a link.
- For more information about Chemistry and Biochemistry, see the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department.
- Following is a sample four-year plan. Please note that student-specific plans may differ.
- Admitted students must meet with a Chemistry advisor. Current students should also meet with a Chemistry advisor and logon to DegreeWorks to check student-specific program progress.
Minimum University Requirements
Grade Point Average (most majors require higher GPA)
|Credits of C- or better
||Credits of upper-division courses (#3000 or above)
|Total USU Credits
||Upper-division USU Credits
|USU Credits within the Major
||Credits in Minor (if required)
|Credits in Major
||Credits in American Institutions
|General Education Requirements
||University Studies Depth Requirements
REQUIRMENTS TO REMAIN IN THS PROGRAM:
- Requires a 3.00 GPA
- CHEM prefix course grades must be C or better. Only one repeat is allowed to earn a C or better to stay in this major.
- No CHEM prefix course may be taken on a Pass/Fail basis.
Admissions Requirements for this Program
||Admitted to USU in Good Standing
|Transfer students from other institutions or other programs at USU
|| 3.0 GPA, ACT scores of 21 composite and 20 verbal/English and 19 mathematics/quantitative to be admitted to the major
Admission Requirements For This Major
New freshmen admitted to USU in good standing qualify for admission to this major. A 3.0 GPA, ACT scores of 21 composite and 20 verbal/English and 19 mathematics/quantitative and 60 credits of coursework are required for admission to the Secondary Teacher Education Program (STEP). Students should contact the School of Teacher Education and Leadership (TEAL) for information on additional admission criteria.
Transfer students from other institutions or other USU majors need a 3.0 GPA, ACT scores of 21 composite and 20 verbal/English and 19 mathematics/quantitative to be admitted to the major. They also need 60 credits of coursework to be admitted to the STEP. Students should contact the School of Teacher Education and Leadership (TEAL) for information on additional admission criteria.
Students must complete the General Education Requirements :
- will fulfill the Physical Sciences (BPS) requirement
- will fulfill the Exploration requirement
- MATH 1210 will fulfill the Quantitative Literacy (QL) requirement
Student must also complete the University Studies Depth Requirements :
- PHYS 2210 will fulfill the Quantitative Inensive (QI) requirement
- CHEM 3080 and CHEM 3090 will fulfill the Communications Intensive (CI) requirement
- SCED 3210 will fulfill the Depth Social Science (DSS) requirement
- Must complete at least 2 credits in approved 3000-level or above course from a Depth Humanities and Creative Arts (DHA)