May 22, 2019
Jon M. Huntsman School of Business
Department of Management
University Studies Requirements for Major
Students must complete the General Education Requirements :
- will fulfill the American Institutions requirement
- will fulfill the Social Sciences requirement for students in the Huntsman School of Business
- For Huntsman School of Business students, courses taken for their major will meet the Exploration requirement
Students must also complete the University Studies Depth Requirements :
- Courses taken for their major will fulfill the Communications Intensive (CI) and Quantitative Intensive (QI) requirements for students in the Huntsman School of Business
- Complete at least 2 credits in approved 3000-level or above courses from each of the following two categories: Humanities and Creative Arts (DHA) and Life and Physical Sciences (DSC)
Bachelor of Arts Degree Language Requirement
Bachelor of Arts Degree
A Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree signifies proficiency in one or more foreign languages. Specifically, the BA requirement may be completed in one of the following ways:
- Demonstration of proficiency in one foreign language by successful completion of one course at the 2020-level or higher (or its equivalent).
- Demonstration of proficiency in American Sign Language by successful completion of COMD 4920 and COMD 4780 , and by passing an exit interview.
- Demonstration of proficiency in two foreign languages by successful completion of the 1020 course level in one language and the 2010 course level in the second language (or its equivalent).
- Completion of an upper-division (3000-level or higher) foreign language grammar or literature course requiring the 2020 course level (or its equivalent) as a prerequisite. Conversation courses cannot be considered for satisfying this requirement.
For nonnative English-speaking students only, the following options are available:
- Successful completion of the Intensive English Language Institute (IELI) program for international students.
- TOEFL, Michigan, or IELI placement scores high enough to meet the University admission criteria.
Huntsman School of Business Acumen (40 credits)
All majors in the Department of Management must complete the following business acumen, in addition to the specific courses listed for the major. Prior to Huntsman School of Business admission, ECN 1500 , MIS 2200 and STAT 2300 must be completed with a grade of C or better.
All 3000-, 4000-, and 5000-level courses in the Huntsman School of Business are restricted to students admitted to the Huntsman School or another USU major with an overall GPA of at least 2.67 and completion of at least 40 credits.
Marketing Major (24 credits)
Modern marketing consists of a system of activities designed to help the marketer understand and influence buyer and seller behavior. Within the socio-economic and political environment, the marketer must plan, price, promote, and distribute want-satisfying goods and services to society. Before continuing with the following courses, students must receive a grade of B- or better in MGT 3500 .
Required Courses (18 credits)
Elective Courses (6 credits)
Select one of the following marketing tracks:
Track 1: Analysis of Culture (Choose 2 courses)
Track 2: Research (Choose 2 courses)
Track 3: Recreation/Tourism (Choose 2 courses)
Minimum University Requirements